Success with commercial printing – especially variable printing – requires heavy investment in equipment.
Heeter has always been a leader in investing in new technologies. For example, in 2015, Heeter became the first commercial printer in the US to install Ricoh’s newest inkject web press.
As we head into 2018, we want to update Heeter customer on the recent investments we’ve made as we aim to increase efficiency, to focus on quality, and to improve sustainability. None of these new items are as grand as the inkjet web press- but they contribute to our ability to execute effectively.
We recently signed a deal with Heidelberg to purchase new bindery equipment as well as upgrade our existing folders and cutters.
Here are the details for the new equipment:
This folder is ideal for book work and brings us a number of benefits including:
• It will run full size 16 page signatures at speeds of 12,000 sheets per hour
• We’ll be able to load press sheets into the feeder directly from the press with no manual intervention, reducing physical strain for the operator
• We will also be able set up jobs more efficiently (with just 4 clicks)
Palamides Delta 502
We also purchased this new paper banding machine.
• The Palamides can run in-line with the Stahl KH-82 or the ST-450 Saddlestitcher or run as a standalone bander
• It is equipped with automatic waste sheet ejection
• It is an environmentally friendly alternative to shrink wrapping
In addition we are adding new mailing equipment:
• (2) Kirk Rudy Tabbers
• Kirk-Rudy Net Jet System
Upgrades to Existing Equipment
Last Spring we installed a new cutter, the Polar N 137 Plus, in 441. We are now upgrading this cutter to “System 200” level which gives the operators a number of efficiencies.
We are upgrading a series of existing machines to current manufacturer standards. We are tuning up
• Existing Stahl TH-82 Folders (2) – new rollers, inspections of rollers and updating software
• Our Existing Polar System 6
At Heeter, we believe strongly in investing in our equipment and people to deliver on our brand promise.