We are always looking for talented, energetic team members who love what they do and enjoy serving our diverse client base.
- Competitive salaries
- Bonus programs for all employees
- Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k+ company match
- Paid time off including vacations and company holidays
Interested in applying? Send your resume to jobs@Heeter.com.
VDP Automation Programmer
The Automation Programmer is responsible for setting up variable data print and data manipulation via automated workflows to ensure high-quality digital and print production output. The automation programmer manipulates data, sets up mail files and imposition for digital and print production using variable data printing software and in-house developed software in conjunction with one another. This employee must have the ability to communicate effectively and work with other members of the team to complete tasks in an accurate and efficient manner that supports operational excellence.
- Follow the schedule set by the business and follow all standard operating procedures, work instructions, and information security requirements
- Execute complex VDP projects using GMC/Quadient Inspire Designer to write logic and precisely lay-out both variable and static elements to produce production ready files
- Process, analyze and identify relationships with customer supplied data and integrate it into variable templates using conditional logic
- Evaluate and develop mail pieces for layout and programming while following USPS regulations using BCC Mail Manager.
- Communicate effectively with account management and project management to ensure job is prepared to customer requirements
- Define and build output ready print files for digital print production
- Troubleshoot challenges as they arise to keep projects moving forward
- Develop test cases for testing and validate the logic of the programs internally prior to customer proofing
- Participate in the identification and documentation of VDP standards and process improvements
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- Develop turnkey automation solutions for repeatable programs with consistent data sources, content, business rules and requirements using C#, ASP.NET, and middleware solutions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of print, direct mail and postal regulations
- Experience in the use of Quadient Inspire Designer and BCC MailManager software
- Experience in querying MS SQL Databases – required
- Experience in C# and ASP.NET development – preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SSIS – preferred
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as PowerShell – preferred
- Effective time management, attention to detail and organizational skills to stay ahead in a rapid paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Effective oral and written communication, problem solving, interpersonal skills, decision making and self-motivation
- Conceptual understanding of how data will flow through the entire production process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in the graphic arts, direct mail, and/or commercial printing fields is preferred
- Documented training and certification in variable data printing software systems is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in database analysis, or equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Quadient Inspire Designer
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with BCC MailManager or other presort software
- Coding and analysis skills are more important than specific programming tool experience.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Activity: Sitting and working at a computer and using phone communications up to 8 hours per day. Ability to push, pull, lift or carry up to 10 lbs occasionally.
- Work Environment: Heeter maintains a safe and clean front office environment.
- Visual Acuity: Ability to read and distinguish small print, depth perception, color perception
Our facilities are located in the Southpointe Business Complex in Canonsburg, PA.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).