By Anita Titus, Heeter Quality Assurance
Saving energy and reducing waste is what most people think about when it comes to being green. Heeter will focus on that goal and much more, implementing best practices that lead to continuous improvement, facility sustainability, and facility profitability.
Heeter is committed to and has signed up for the Sustainable Green Printing (SGP) Program.Why?
- Creating a more efficient printing operation adds up to a more responsible supply chain partner.
- SGP Patrons help shape a brighter, greener future for the graphic communications industry.
- Patrons recognize SGP’s continuing role in advancing the benefits of SGP certification to both the print and buying communities.
Supporting SGP shows Heeter’s commitment to transform the marketplace, and paves the way as leaders in the industry for inclusion of sustainable business practices. That’s why the comprehensive accreditation through SGP ensures that Heeter hits the benchmark across the spectrum and inevitably creates a more responsible supply chain.
Heeter has formed a Continuous Improvement Project (CIP) committee which has chosen to implement E-Recycling as its first focus. Heeter currently does not recycle any old or broken electronics, so we thought this would be a good place to start! Below is our Sustainability Policy.
Heeter’s Sustainability Policy
Heeter recognizes that environmental responsibility is integral to world class printing, direct mailing, fulfillment, and technology productions and applications. We are committed to being a positive and creative force in the protection and enhancement of the environment in which we work and live. Heeter’s operations have specific responsibilities to ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations. The fundamental principal of Heeter’s environmental policy is to minimize any negative impact to the environment while conserving natural resources.
Heeter will continuously work to reduce its carbon footprint by exploring new means of recycling, waste reduction, chemical usage, ink usage, and supply sourcing, all the while making sure the quality of our products and services aren’t compromised. Using education and administrative controls, we will continue our processes and practices to identify areas of reduction in energy, waste, and emissions, and making the Earth a greener place.
At Heeter, we are invested in discovering ways in which we can become more environmentally friendly. The following ways address Heeter’s sustainability plan:
- Heeter is focused on the minimization of generated waste through reduction, reuse of materials, and recycling of our consumables.
- Heeter keeps track of efficient uses of energy and water through management controls and routine practices whenever possible.
- The minimization and elimination of noises and air pollution is an important aspect of environmental sustainability that we at Heeter strive to improve upon.
- Heeter is focused on minimizing, substituting, and whenever possible eliminating the use of hazardous chemicals in processes and operations.
- Heeter is committed to improving our work space in order to become one of the most eco-friendly companies around.
- Heeter complies with all applicable federal, state, and local law regulations that pertain to our business.
Here at Heeter, we know that success depends on everyone. Each of our employees, both full and part time, strive to make Heeter a truly sustainable company. We are dedicated and committed to delivering customer satisfaction all the while impacting the Earth positively along the way.
Do you have questions about our policy? Contact Anita Titus.